14 Clarke Street FREELING, SA 5372Sold $355,000
Character Villa Circa 1900 on a huge allotment!
House Sold - FREELING SA
It is a pleasure to present this beautiful, three-bedroom villa to the market. Set on a huge allotment of approx. 1791sqm, with large amounts of shedding and access into the backyard.
Character features throughout the home include original high skirting boards, lovely cornicing, high ceilings, ceiling roses, original pressed tin ceilings and two chandeliers.
As part of the family for over 30 years and in the last 5 years no expense has been spared to restore the original stone front, exterior brick, interior walls to ensure it is structurally sound for the new owners. Plumbing and electrical updated to meet current standards in 2013
• Lovely street appeal with front hedge and brand-new picket fence
• Stunning bluestone faade with wrought iron lattice work and bullnose veranda
• Wide entrance hallway
• Double doors lead into the large dining and family area with combustion heater
• Timber kitchen with large slate slabs, servery window into the sunroom, gas cooktop and oven (with provision for gas bottle to be installed), timber mantle above an antique Rayburn wood oven, corner pantry and skylight
• Bedroom one and two are both large in size and have ceiling fans
• Bathroom with a lovely corner vanity, bath and shower and a separate toilet
• Sunroom with brand new windows looking out to the yard
• Freshly painted interior
• New carpets in lounge room, bedrooms and hallway
• Rainwater tank plumbed to the kitchen
• Brand new electric hot water system
• Original timber floors that could be repolished
• 7.3 x 6.1m pitched roof garage with half of the floor concreted
• 12 x 6m pitched roof shed with concrete, located at the rear of the property and can be accessed from the side road – perfect for a tradie!
• A rear laneway also offers an opportunity for more access points into the backyard
• Less than a 5 minute walk to the Post Office, School, Church, grocery store, butcher, coffee shops, bakery, pizza and takeaway stores and the best pub meals at country prices
Council rates: Approx $1900 per annum
- 3 bed
- 1 bath
- 2 Parking Spaces
- 2 Garage